Whether you are preparing your house to sell or simply want to make a good first impression, curb appeal is important.
There are a few simple steps you can take to add curb appeal to your home without spending a lot of money.
1. The Front Door: It is the entry to your home so don’t neglect it. Get creative with your front door by adding a splash of color. Try a fresh coat of paint or a bold and colorful new door mat.
2. Make a Statement with Some Flowers: Keep things symmetrical by adding a flower pot to each side of the entrance. Visit your local nursery and ask for advice on the best design ideas for your flower pots. Get something with more height for the middle and then place lower annuals such as wave petunias around the edges so the flowers spill over the edges of the pots.
3. A Good Clean Rinse: Use a pressure washer to clean your driveway and walkways. Then clean your windows inside out to let the sun shine in.
You will be surprised at what a difference this will make!
4. Take Care of Your Lawn: Your lawn has a huge impact when it comes to the over-all curb appeal of your house. Make sure to keep your lawn manicured and green. For expert advice on caring for your lawn visit the national Association of Landscape Professionals’ website at https://www.loveyourlandscape.org/.
5. Upgrade Your Lighting: Visit your local hardware store to select lighting that better fits the style and size of your home.
Quality lighting for your garage lights and porch lights will upgrade the entire look of your home.
With these budget-friendly changes you will see your home’s curb appeal drastically increase.